Friday, January 30, 2009

Deflowering

Assuming you don't live in an underground cave, you've heard the story of Natalie Dylan, a women's study student auctioning off her virginity in order to pay for school. Bidding has reading $3.8 million, so she's clearly quite successful. Male virginity isn't considered special (although it's just about as useless) so men are forced to turn in their v-cards the old-fashioned way. By which, of course, I mean craigslist.

I come across pleas for deflowering fairly regularly, but this one seemed worth posting. This young man is twenty years old, and so here's the deal
I have been saving myself for marriage, but I realize more and more that my wife probably will not be a virgin, so why should I? 
There's more but it's pretty boring. Anyway, I like this. I've always disapproved of abstinence until marriage. Fine, personal choice and all that, but that doesn't mean I have to think it's a good idea. I have had sex with virgins. It's not something I care to repeat.

Anyway, this is all very interesting if you're like me and you're completely fascinated by sexual double-standards and the abstinence movement and the attitudes people hold towards sex, but if you just want a quick laugh, you have to appreciate the photo he chose.

No comments: